Mac, Me, and the other man in my life.

Monday, July 18, 2011

What will my webpage say about me?

One on my pet peeves is an outdated website. I have often been frustrated by old information or old forms when referring back to some of my daughter's past teachers’ pages. Often parents don't have time during the day to contact teachers due to their own work schedule, and a webpage is a great way to help parents and students stay current. There has been a time or two that my daughter has left her spelling list in her desk at school, sure we could just skip a night of spelling practice but I prefer to have access to those weekly lists via the teacher's website.

While I'm new to creating a webpage I have been planning for a while now what type of information I will provide and use on my webpage for parents and students.  Webpages can serve to be a constant reminder of things happening at school such as the collection of Box Tops to help their school earn additional money, field trips, and upcoming events.

Webpages aren't created to just keep parents informed, but students can refer to a teacher's webpage as well. My daughter's 4th grade Math teacher had a weekly secret message that students could access via her webpage. Once a student answered the question they were awarded bonus points. My daughter had learned the previous year that her teachers often put educational websites on their webpages for additional resources. She has accessed many of those sites and continues to use some of them today for additional math practice.

Check out my classroom webpage: Mrs. Bundy's Classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment