Mac, Me, and the other man in my life.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

All About Me

I am a lifelong resident of Burkburnett, Texas. I was an only child the majority of my life until the age of 14 when my parents gave me a baby brother for Christmas. I learned quickly that babies were not on Wal-Mart's return policy.
  
I graduated from Midwestern State University in the Fall 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies. I have just completed the required coursework for my Masters in Reading Education. I am an EC-6 certified teacher, who continues to work long-term sub assignments while awaiting a teaching position within the Burkburnett school district. 



Bad News Betties
The majority of my time outside work and school is spent with my 10 year old daughter, Mackenzie (a.k.a. Mac).  She keeps me busy with all her extra-curricular activities including softball. I have been coaching her softball teams since she was three. 

On my birthday this year, my boyfriend of five years took me to Vegas where we had secretly planned to get married. Our wedding was a surprise to family and friends but we had made arrangements to share it with all of them back at home via webcam. My family of two officially became a family of five, adding his two children, Chance & Brooke.  Of course, I can't forget my four Westies; Duchess, Duke, Prada, and Drake. They are as much our children as the other three.


Kasie & Tom
Cotton Bowl 2010
My family and I spend lots of time at the lake during the summer. During the fall season we try to spend as much time as possible in Stillwater for some Oklahoma State football. GO POKES!! No doubt my entire family including the dogs bleed orange!!

My guilty pleasure would be reality TV. I'm such a reality junkie. Love Jersey Shore, Real Housewives of OC, Pawn Stars and Big Brother. Looking forward to the Big Brother 13 season premier Thursday.

A few pet peeves are people who order food in the Sonic drive-thru.  This especially bothers me when I'm getting my caffeine fix on the way to work. Please people if you want to order breakfast just pull into the stall to place your order. My other pet peeve would be teachers who don't update their websites. As a parent I often access the teacher's webpage for spelling list or other information.  It irritates me to find information out-dated. As a teacher I understand how little time we have outside instruction, but at the same time feel that a teacher should take the time to maintain a webpage with current information or not use one at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment